Meeting the Counselor:
Scholars are welcome to either email their Counselor to schedule an appointment or they can come in and sign up on the iPad located in the Counseling Office, preferably before school, after school, or during lunch. Our goal is for students to get to their classes in a timely manner.
If your Scholar’s Counselor is available, they will see them at that time. If they can not see them at that moment, they will send a pass for the student to be seen. If it is an emergency situation, our scholar will be seen immediately.
It is imperative to recognize that your high school years are an important transition from youth to adulthood. It is a time to explore your interests while you prepare for challenges of post secondary, education, vocational opportunities, and all the other complex responsibilities of the adult world.
The goal of this Guidance Office is to assist students in gaining self-understanding as a basis for setting constructive life goals which are consistent with one’s abilities, interests, and aptitudes. By stretching your limits now, more opportunities will await you in the future.
The Role of the School Counselor
- School counselors are actively committed to helping students explore their abilities, strengths, interests and talents as these traits relate to career awareness and development.
- School counselors help parents focus on ways to further the education, personal and social growth of students.
- School counselors work with teachers and other educators to help students explore their potential and set realistic goals for themselves.
- School counselors seek to identify and utilize community resources that can enhance and compliment comprehensive school counseling programs and help students become productive members of society.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs are considered an integral part of the educational process that enables all students to achieve success in school.
Do we make a difference? Absolutely!
Use the links on the right-hand side of the page to navigate through the counseling website. To schedule an appointment with a counselor please contact them directly.