International Business Academy (IBA)
Our mission in the International Business Academy is to graduate a well-rounded student who will have their choice of colleges and careers.
Business is in everything so no matter what a student decides to do after graduation, our academy is beneficial to them. Our alumni have gone on to have successful careers in business, finance and marketing, but we also have many who are engineers, lawyers and doctors. If it involves money it involves business so learning how to create a budget, read an income statement, write a resume or develop a product and create your own business, gives students the tools they need to be successful no matter what career path they choose. Our business incubator class, INCubatoredu, which is taught in our Entrepreneurship class senior year, walks students through every step of creating and running their own businesses. Students create their own product or service, write a business plan, do marketing research, and then pitch their products or services to investors and can be awarded money to actually start their own business. It is a unique and rewarding experience that fosters the entrepreneurial spirit and teaches them skills that will help them be independent successful adults.
- Can I participate in Band OR Athletics AND be in the IBA?
- Can I participate in Band AND Cheerleading AND be in the IBA?
- What is the “four core all four years”?
- If I get accepted into the IBA and decide to drop the Academy in a year or two, am I allowed to stay at NSHS, even though it is not my “zoned” high school?
- How do I take dual/college credit courses?
- Do I have to pay for the classes that I take at Brookhaven College? When are the classes offered? Is transportation provided to the Brookhaven campus?
- Do you have to complete community service hours for Business Academy requirements?
- Do you have to take a foreign language for an IBA requirement?
- How often do the IBA classes go on field trips?
- Are there certain requirements for dressing up if attending an IBA field trip?
- What are the requirements for grades and staying in the IBA?
- Are there any costs associated with being in the IBA?
- Why would I want to be in the International Business Academy?