Newman Smith Library
To support students, teachers, and community members in the acquisition of knowledge and to nurture the beginnings of a lifelong love of reading through flexible learning environments, collaboration, and on demand access to support and library services.
Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Each student may check out up to 3 books at a time, however, extra books may be checked out as needed for special projects or research.
- The checkout period for all grades is three weeks. Students who need additional time may renew their book for an additional three-week period.
Please note that due to social distancing guidelines, the library is currently closed to class and students visits, however, librarians are visiting classes and delivering books to those who place holds. *Remote learner book pickup coming soon!
- The library operates on a flexible schedule. This means that teachers may schedule to come in whenever they need and as often or as little as they like. Classes do not come in on a regular rotating basis.
- Many classes are scheduled in the library for lessons, projects, or research in addition to time for checking out books.
- Students may visit the library during open times:
- Before or after school
- At lunch
- During class with a pass from the teacher
There are no late fines but students must pay for lost or damaged books and technology.
The NSHS library provides a diverse selection of current and classic literature, non-fiction, magazines, electronic databases, and online video resources. A specialized college section contains both college-bound fiction and a wide variety of updated study guides for AP, college, and military testing. If you ever need help, please don’t hesitate to ask the librarian!